Hello everyone! Long time no speak. Today’s blog post is a bit of a different one because, if you haven’t already guessed, I recently made a very exciting trip to the good old US of A. And I still have the ever so painful jet lag as a lovely souvenir. I thought I would share some of the snaps I took whilst over there in one big blog post – all of these were taken on my phone (iPhone 8 Plus) which I quite like for a change because it gives a raw and accessible feel. Let me know what you think of this style of post!
Hello and happy Bank Holiday Monday! I hope everyone has had a lovely four-day weekend filled with lots of chocolate. I for one am feeling slightly sick after devouring my Lindt bunny in one sitting, but I suppose you can’t do Easter half-hearted right? My long weekend has consisted of seeing friends and family, reading and of course eating.
Hello everyone and happy Spring! I’m not waiting until the 20th to say this, I’m going along with the meteorological calendar and classing today as the official first day of spring. I just couldn’t resist a good old Miranda Priestly quote for the title of this post! I’ve had a bit of a break from my blog this week which was not the plan, but life got in the way as it does, and the weather definitely hasn’t been the best for taking pictures in that’s for sure! I also had a breather from social media over the weekend, which was very refreshing. I had a really lovely weekend filled with drinking and eating with my boyfriend’s family in Staffordshire, and fell in love with his little nieces and baby nephew all over again, and now I’m wishing I could relive it and forget about my current stressed state of unemployment and bankruptcy! I think my amazing weekend clouded my head a bit (definitely not going to blame the copious amount of wine I drank) because I ended up turning up to my driving test a month early yesterday! How embarrassing. It was originally meant to be on Thursday before storm Dorris caused it to be cancelled – these two events perfectly sum up the way my luck tends to go.
Anyway, I’m not going to dwell on that too much because I will start to worry about my brain even more! I took advantage of this rare bit of sunshine today to take some pictures, and instantly regretted not wearing a top underneath this dress because I was absolutely freezing. Please hurry up summer, I can’t take this cold anymore! Speaking of the dress, it cost me a measly £13 in Primark, which I still can’t get over considering Zara are selling similar things for double the price. I’m really loving florals at the moment, so I couldn’t pass up this little number, especially as it will be a perfect transitional piece for when it does finally start getting a bit warmer. I obviously paired it with some classic black tights and my trusty M&S sock boots.
It’s only going to be a short blog post for today as I’m having some technical difficulties with WordPress which is driving me mad – think I need a long relaxing bath to recover.
I have some exciting things coming up on my blog over the next few weeks so please do stay tuned!
DRESS | PRIMARK (instore. Similar here)
BOOTS | MARKS AND SPENCER (similar here)
Oh hello to you all on this very grey and dreary Monday. I don’t know what the weather is like where you are, but Liverpool is incredibly miserable today indeed. There were a few times I thought I was going to take off when these pictures were being taken because the wind was so strong. Nevertheless I persevered like the brave little soldier I am. I definitely did not regularly complain to my boyfriend about how cold I was or that I was certain I was getting a blister on my big toe. And my boyfriend definitely didn’t tell me to stop bringing it up every five minutes. Nope, that did not happen. I had a very large and sugary cup of tea when I got home to recover from the whole ordeal.
I’ve been a very busy bee today running around town trying to get things sorted for my blog, sorting out returns, taking pictures, and working on a new journalism related project. I’m very glad to be back home in the warmth with Tipping Point on in the background whilst I write this. I love a good quiz show, (number one fan of The Chase) so this a great way to wind down after a long long day. My day isn’t over yet though as I’m off to play some crazy golf this evening with some friends which I’m very excited about.
As fashion week has been doing the rounds around the world recently, with London Fashion Week going on as we speak, my eyes have been peeled for amazing outfit combos and style inspiration. I’ve wanted to try styling some oriental inspired clothing for a while now, and this shirt has been in my Asos basket for about 3 months now! It’s absolutely gorgeous and I keep thinking about it, but I honestly can’t justify it to myself at the moment. Yesterday I saw a picture on instagram posted by Megan Ellaby (major girl crush) of one of her outfits for fashion week and oh my word it was amazing. I immediately fell in love with the skirt, even just from the slither visible in the picture, and wasted no time in checking where it was from and finding it online. I was expecting it to be from somewhere really expensive which would have broken my heart, but I was very pleasantly surprised to find out it was from New Look! I ran to the New Look first thing this morning and snatched this black version up, which was the only one in the shop, and in my size (my size when I breathe in a bit and suck everything in). It was fate. As well as the blue and black versions, they also have the skirt in pink which is just lovely too.
I paired the skirt with this gorgeous sheer lilac top with ruffles on the sleeves, which very conveniently matches the exact shade of purple in this skirt. I was made up that everything was coming together so well. Obviously it’s way too cold to wear this top on its own, and also it’s see through, so a turtle neck was a must underneath. I love the look of layering turtle necks under things you wouldn’t normally at the moment, so I felt this was a great opportunity to style it. I finished the outfit off with some Primark micro fishnet tights, and my funky silver boots.
Time to scour the web some more for fashion week pics.
Until next time.
SKIRT | NEW LOOK
LILAC TOP | NEW LOOK
TURTLE NECK | PRETTY GREEN
FISHNETS | PRIMARK (in store)
BOOTS | ASOS
Hello and happy Friday everyone! I’ve decided to do something slightly different on my blog today, I’m having a bit of a mental block and can’t come up with one thing to write about which isn’t usually like me! So, I’ve just decided so share 20 random facts about myself. I’ve been mulling this over as a blog topic anyway, and now seems as good a time as any to do it, especially since I’ve had a few more views of my blog recently. I don’t know whether this comes across as a bit egotistical, and I don’t know if anyone will actually be interested in a post like this, but I always enjoy reading similar posts from other people so thought I’d give it a go. Of course, all details of the outfit are at the bottom as always!
- I grew up in Chester, and moved to Liverpool for uni when I was 18.
- I’m a huge animal lover and wanted to be a vet when I was younger until I realised I would have to put some animals down. I also have a dog shaped hole in my life and want to fill it ASAP, preferably with a lab (rescue of course!).
- I have an actual fear of sea food. I don’t know why it is, and I’m fully aware of how pathetic it is, but the thought of some kind of fish or prawn even touching my food makes me feel a bit queasy!
- My fave cuisine is definitely Italian, mostly because they put cheese on pretty much everything and I LOVE cheese. I’m yet to find a cheese I don’t like (apart from that smoked one that looks like a sausage and tastes like cigarettes.)
- I have a degree in History, and hopefully will soon have my Journalism qualification.
6. I would love to go on a safari in South Africa so much, it’s probably number 1 on my bucket list.
7. When I was about 8, I accidentally set the fire alarm off in a hotel and 2 fire engines came and everyone had to evacuate the building. This was at about 8:30am so a lot of people were standing outside in their dressing gowns. The hotel never found out it was me thankfully.
8. I fancy Miles Teller, a lot. Most people seem to think he’s a strange choice of celebrity crush but I really don’t understand what they mean – he’s beautiful.
9. I’m a bit of a hypochondriac, but used to be much worse. I once had a week off school in year 9 because I thought I couldn’t breathe. The fact that I hadn’t died didn’t even convince me!
10. My favourite TV programme has probably got to be Game of Thrones. Jon Snow ❤
11. I have my grade 5 in flute and 4 in piano, and taught myself the guitar – I play all as equally as bad as each other.
12. The best school trip I ever went on was to New York when I was 16.
13. My drink of choice is either a malibu and coke (I ordered it so much bartenders around Liverpool didn’t even need to ask me at one point) or a glass of rosé.
14. I probably partied a lot too hard when I was at uni (god knows how I managed to get a 2:1 still) and now my perfect night out ends at midnight with a pizza in bed.
15. I LOVE MINI EGGS
16. I went to Glastonbury festival with a group of friends when The Rolling Stones and Arctic Monkeys were playing and it was amazing.
17. I live with my boyfriend in Liverpool City Centre, and we’ve been together for around 3 ish years after meeting on the same course at uni.
18. I went to an all girls secondary school, which tends to invite a lot of questions. It really wasn’t as big a deal as most people think it to be!
19. My favourite night out in Liverpool is definitely Mathew Street. This is only really relevant for people in Liverpool, or those visiting. Seel Street used to be my go-to, but Mathew Street has a much more fun and care free crowd which I love! Also, Sgt Peppers is a great night if you want a good dance to a live cover band. It’s often full of cute old men having a jive you can have a nice chat to as well.
20. My boyfriend and I will have a conversation about pretty much anything and everything with other people. No matter how disgusting or in depth. I find awkward topics hilarious for some reason. A lot of our friends tend to be taken aback at first but come to love it and join in. It makes for a great conversation on nights out!
SKIRT | H&M
JUMPER | H&M (sold out, similar here)
FISHNET TIGHTS | PRIMARK (in store)
BOOTS | MARKS AND SPENCER (sold out, similar here)