I’ve recently been seeing a lot of people sharing their aims and ambitions across the internet, both on YouTube and blogs. I love setting myself goals and challenges (although I don’t always achieve many of them) so I thought I’d do the same. I was originally going to share my 25 before 25 list, but I realised that I’m only giving myself about two and a half years to accomplish all these things which is very unrealistic. So, 30 before 30 it is!
- ROAD TRIP ACROSS AMERICA – This is perhaps my number one goal. I’d love to see as much of the US as I can, and I would love to see smaller towns and cities that are off the beaten track. Being into my history too, I’d love to go to Salem. So far I’ve ticked New York, LA and Vegas off the list and as of this summer Florida, but these are all places I’d like to revisit.
- SEE MORE OF EUROPE – Travel is a huge theme of my before 30 bucket list, if you can’t already see what this list is shaping up to look like. I’ve not seen half as many places in Europe as I’d like. Top picks include Berlin, Amsterdam and Paris.
- READ MORE – I love reading, but like most people I’m guilty of scrolling though my phone before bed. I’d like to get in the habit of taking that time to unwind with a good book. I recently started doing this again but unfortunately I’ve gone back to my old ways.
- COOK A THREE COURSE MEAL ALL BY MYSELF – I am not a natural cook. I struggle with the timings, chopping, overcooking, undercooking – everything. Luckily, my boyfriend loves it which means I don’t have to live off potnoodles and beans on toast. I’d love to be able to cook a full meal without him having to take over.
- VISIT LAPLAND – Reindeers, huskies, beautiful scenery – need I say more?
- WATCH MORE CLASSIC FILMS – I love a good film, but there are still so many classics that I’ve yet to watch. The Shining, A Clockwork Orange and Fight Club are just a few that are still on my list.
7. ENJOY EXERCISING – I am trying with this one. I’ve bit the bullet and got myself a personal trainer and I’m giving it my all. I’m hoping that I will get to the point that I enjoy the horrible, horrible pain of running and planking and squatting. But as of right now, it’s just a means of feeling beach ready for my summer holidays.
8. WORK FOR MYSELF – I’ve always wanted to work for myself since I was in school. By the time I’m 30 I’d love to have my own business, or be freelancing or be doing something on my own to pay the bills.
9. START A FAMILY – And by that I mean, get a dog! If you know me, you’ll know that this is a top priority and I very much hope it happens sooner rather than later. I don’t think I could wait another 7 years to introduce a furry friend into my life.
10. GET MORE PLANTS – I want to introduce more greenery into my life, I think it makes a huge difference. I basically want to turn my flat into a jungle.
11. VISIT MORE OF THE UK – Can you believe I’ve never been to Scotland? I need to rectify this, definitely before I’m 30.
12. DIY A HOMEWARD PIECE – I am not very savvy when it comes to building things or any kind of art. But I’d like to put this to one side and do something that I will actually feel comfortable displaying or using in my home.
13. GET MARRIED – I’d like a few more years of being the ‘maiden’ that I am, but when the big 3-0 rolls around I’d like to be a married lady of leisure (just kidding – but I would like to be enjoying a married life). I hope my boyfriend is reading this and taking notes.
14. UP MY WEBSITE SKILLS – I know the bare minimum when it comes to WordPress and building websites but I want to teach myself how to be better at the whole technology thing.
15. ENJOY MORE LIVE EVENTS – Whether that be more trips to the theatre, comedy shows or gigs, I want to experience as much as possible.
16. TRY YOGA – I’ve heard that it can be life changing and very therapeutic which is always welcome.
17. VISIT CANADA – Another place that I’m desperate to pay a visit to before I hit three decades.
18. START PLAYING THE PIANO AGAIN – This first involves getting a piano. I’m very rusty but I do like playing the piano whenever I go back to my mum’s house. I’d love to pick it back up again.
19. SPEND NEW YEAR’S EVE IN NEW YORK – This has been on my bucket list since I was a teenager and I’m hoping that I will finally be able to tick it off in the next seven years.
20. TAKE MORE PICTURES – and print them!
21. GO SNORKELLING – I’ve always been interested in marine life so I’d love to spend a day snorkelling, preferably off a tropical island? Just putting it out there incase anyone wants to treat me to a holiday to paradise any time soon.
22. INVEST IN AN ACNE LEATHER JACKET – I’ve been pining after one for years but unfortunately I’ve not yet been in the financial position to buy one.
23. VOLUNTEER AT AN ANIMAL CHARITY – I love animals, and I would love to spend some time at a shelter, or rescue centre.
24. GO TO COACHELLA – My friend and I used to talk about going all the time when we were in school, and we’d get so jealous of everyone there when it rolled around each year. I’m determined to make it happen before I turn 30.
25. VISIT THE MALDIVES – and tick off my snorkelling goal when I’m there!
26. OWN A CAR – I passed my driving test about a year ago, and I would love to have a little car before I’m 30. I live within walking distance to my work and the city centre of Liverpool so it’s not needed at the moment, but in the next few years I’d like to be in the position to have one.
27. OWN A HOUSE – Moving on from owning a car, I’d love to have my own property by the time I’m 30. After all, it’s hard to find a rented place that allows dogs…
28. START A YOUTUBE CHANNEL – I’ve been toying with the idea for a while and I’d like to take the plunge in the next couple of months.
29. GET OFF MEDICATION – I’ve been taking medication for anxiety for almost two years now, and I’d love to not have to worry about it anymore. Stressing about running out or forgetting to pack it when I go on a trip are also things I wouldn’t miss.
30. EXPAND MY AUDIENCE – Last but not least, I’d love to grow my blog and my following. I really do love doing this and creating content, so it’s something that I would love to expand and do more of.
That’s it! I realise that to do a lot of these things I will have to miraculously win the lottery very soon, but you never know do you?
SKIRT | TOPSHOP (in store, similar here)
JUMPER | URBAN OUTFITTERS
BOOTS | TOPSHOP